Monday, April 9, 2012

Upcoming Films, Les Adieux a la Reine

Farewell, My Queen



Christine over at Christine de la Creme recently informed me of a new Marie Antoinette film available the first quarter of this year entitled "Les Adieux a la Reine" (Farewell, My Queen). I'm not sure there are any lolitas out there who don't have some sort of mild obsession with the rococo era's doomed queen, and I am certainly no exception to this rule. The film, starring Diane Kruger as Marie Antoinette herself, revolves around the relationship between the queen and her lectrice, a lady in waiting whose job it is to entertain her majesty by reading her books. If it weren't for that pesky little French Revolution, I would say that role would be something I would have enjoyed quite happily! I am very much looking forward to getting my hands on a copy of this film, and perhaps hosting a decadent party to accompany its screening. Until them, why not indulge your royal fantasies with the novel that inspired the film, Chantal Thomas's Farewell, My Queen, or Carolyn Meyer's The Bad Queen, a YA novel inspired by the life of history's infamous monarch.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...